Instrumental Access: 2017 Request for Applications
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
We will also consider accepting a single joint application from multiple departments if there is a collaborative effort and a compelling reason why that would be the best option for your situation. Applicants wishing to submit a joint application should email us with a brief description of their situation to request pre-approval.
Program Fees & Additional Costs
No. All partners are required to share procurement, warehousing, and shipping costs by paying a program fee. Note that the fee is for our service; the equipment is a donation. The fee is adjusted to income level of your country (according to World Bank classifications at the time of application) as follows:
- Low-Income Country: $18,500
- Lower-Middle-Income Country: $26,500
- Upper-Middle-Income Country: $33,500
- All costs associated with the customs clearance process (e.g. pre-inspection costs, clearing agent fees, any applicable duties and taxes);
- Transportation of the equipment from the port of entry to the university;
- Electrical adapters, transformers, frequency converters, and any other items or services required to make the equipment compatible with your available power supply (most equipment in our inventory is configured for 120V/60Hz);
- All costs associated with installation, calibration, operation, maintenance, and repair of equipment on an ongoing basis;
- Any additional costs specific to the particular items selected (e.g. specialized software, reagents, accessories, etc.).
- We anticipate changing our payment process to require letters of credit in 2018. Any associated banking fees would be your responsibility.
Equipment & Shipment Details
Accessing the Online Portal
- Creating an account
- Navigating the application form
- Working on the application offline
- Returning to a saved application
- Submitting an application