Thank you for choosing to be a part of our community at Seeding Labs, a Nonprofit Corporation (“Company,” “we,” “us,” or “our”). We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy.
If you have any questions about our policy or our practices with regard to your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In this privacy notice, we describe:
- What information we collect
- How we use it
- What rights you have in relation to it
- What information do we collect?
- How do we use your information?
- Will your information be shared with anyone?
- Do we use Google Maps?
- How long do we keep your information?
- How do we keep your information safe?
- Do we collect information from minors?
- What are your privacy rights?
- Do California residents have specific privacy rights?
- Do we make updates to this policy?
- How can you contact us about this policy?
1. What information do we collect?
In short, we collect personal information that you provide to us such as name, address, and contact information.
Personal information you disclose to us.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services, when participating in activities on the Site, or otherwise contacting us. This may include but is not limited to visiting our site, subscribing to a newsletter, filling out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features, or resources, both on our Site and offline.
Users may visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personal identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain activities.
The personal information we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Sites, the choices you make, and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect can include the following:
- Name and Contact Information: We collect your first and last name, email address, mailing address, phone number, organization, title, and other similar contact data.
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete, and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
Information automatically collected
In short, some information, such as IP address and/or browser and device characteristics, is collected automatically when you visit our Site.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use, or navigate to the Site. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Site, and other technical information.
This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Site and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
2. How do we use your information?
In short, we process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfillment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent.
We use personal information collected via our Sites for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests (“Business Purposes”), in order to enter into or perform a contract with you (“Contractual”), with your consent (“Consent”), and/or for compliance with our legal obligations (“Legal Reasons”). We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
We use the information we collect or receive:
- To send you materials or information you requested and to notify you of other communications that may be of interest to you, for Business Purposes, or other Purposes with your Consent. We may use this personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can opt-out of our marketing emails and mailings at any time (see the “What are your privacy rights?” section below).
- To process financial donations.
- For our operational purposes, including data analysis, identifying usage trends, and enhancing our websites and promotional campaigns,
- For other Business Purposes. We may use your information for other Business Purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and to evaluate and improve our Sites, services, marketing, and your experience.
3. Will your information be shared with anyone?
In short, we only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations.
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users’ personal identification information to others. If you subscribe to our email list or become a financial donor to Seeding Labs, your Personally Identifiable Information will not be leased or sold to other organizations.
We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates, and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
We only share and disclose your information in the following situations:
- Compliance with Laws. We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.)
- Vital Interests and Legal Rights. We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Vendors, Consultants, and Other Third-party Service Providers. We may share your data with third-party vendors, service providers, contractors, or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include: payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, and hosting services. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the Sites, which will enable them to collect information about how you interact with the Sites over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content, and better understand online activity. Unless described in this Policy, we do not share, sell, rent, or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional policies.
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- With Your Consent. We may disclose your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.
This Policy applies solely to information collected by the Site. The Site contains hyperlinks or “links” to other sites, including access to content, products, and services of our affiliated and non-affiliated sites. For example, online donations to Seeding Labs are facilitated by our non-affiliated service provider, Classy.
When you follow links to make such a donation, you will be linked to our service provider's web site, which is subject to separate privacy and other terms and conditions. In some cases, these other websites are made available via “framing technology” and may appear to be part of our Site.
We urge you to familiarize yourself with the individual privacy and other terms for each linked or framed site prior to submitting any Personally Identifiable Information. We are not responsible for the data collection, privacy and information sharing policies and procedures, or the content of such web sites.
5. Do we use Google Maps?
In short, yes, we use Google Maps for the purpose of providing better service.
6. How long do we keep your information?
Information collected for archival purposes in the interest of the scientific community will be retained indefinitely, unless you ask that it be removed. Seeding Labs will strive to only collect that information needed for the preceding purposes. Any other information collected for any other purpose will be retained until such time that said other purpose is fulfilled or abandoned.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
7. How do we keep your information safe?
In short, we aim to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures.
We take the security of your personal information very seriously. We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. Our website protects your personal information during transfer using encryption technology such as Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). After transfer, your personal information is stored in secure databases with limited access.
However, please remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of your personal information to and from our Sites is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
How we store your information
Seeding Labs maintains physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards designed to protect your Personally Identifiable Information. Your information is stored in operating environments that are not available to the public. All of Seeding Labs’ personnel and affiliates are dedicated to maintaining and upholding your privacy and security and are made aware of our privacy and security policies. The servers where we store your information are located in the USA.
If you are located in another jurisdiction, you should be aware that your Personally Identifiable Information once submitted will be transferred to our servers, and the USA currently does not have uniform data protection laws in place.
8. Do we collect information from minors?
In short, we do not knowingly collect data from children under 18 years of age.
We comply with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 ("COPPA"). COPPA requires that web site operators never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without requesting verifiable parental consent. In accordance with COPPA, we do not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13.
We recommend that no one under the age of 18 submit personally identifiable information to our Site. We do not knowingly solicit data from children under 18 years of age. By using these Sites, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Sites.
If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will take reasonable measures to delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
9. What are your privacy rights?
In short, you may review, change, or terminate your information at any time.
With regard to Personal Information collected for specific purposes, such as our newsletters, users can opt-out and remove themselves directly from many of these purposes by clicking “unsubscribe” from the respective newsletter. Alternatively, users can, at any time, contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to tell us specifically what communications they would like to continue or discontinue.
If you are resident in the European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfully possessing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find contact details here.
Cookies and similar technologies: Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually set your browser to remove cookies and reject cookies. If you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Sites. Click here to learn more about cookies, including how to control, disable, or delete them.
10. Do California residents have specific privacy rights?
In short, yes, if you are a resident of California, you are granted specific rights regarding access to your personal information.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine the Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year.
If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing using the contact information provided below.
11. Do we make updates to this policy?
In short, yes, we will update this policy as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
12. How can you contact us about this policy?
If you have questions or comments about this policy, you may contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO), Melissa Wu, by email at email@example.com or by phone at +1-617-500-3014, or by post to: Melissa Wu, ℅ Seeding Labs, 25 Dorchester Ave. #51914, Boston, MA 02205, USA.
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files containing a small amount of data, usually a unique string of letters and numbers. They are commonly used throughout the Internet and are stored on and accessed from your device when you visit a website (including this Site). This allows the website to recognize your visit from those of other users of the website.
You can find more information at www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu.
This Site uses the following cookies for the following purposes:
|Facebook, Twitter, and other social media||guest_id, metrics_token, personalization_id, lang, fr||All social media platforms have
their own cookie and privacy policies over which we have no control.
YouTube Policies and Safety
We use Google Analytics as described in "How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps." You can prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics on websites by installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on.
Combining the cookie information with other data about your computer
When you enter the Site, we may also collect information, where available, about your computer for system administration purposes, such as your IP address, operating system, and browser type. This information may be combined with the data we collected via the Google Analytics cookies above.
This information is statistical data about our users’ browsing patterns and generally does not identify our users, except when a user makes an online donation, in which case we would be able to identify those users based on their IP address.
By using this Site, you agree that we can store and access the above cookies on your device.
You may refuse to accept cookies by altering the settings on your Internet browser. For further information about how to do so, please refer to your browser’s help section or visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Please note that if you adjust your Internet browser settings to refuse the setting of cookies, you may be unable to access or use fully certain parts or functionality of the Site.
Do not track preferences
Do not track is a function that allows visitors to opt out from being tracked by websites for any purpose including the use of analytics services, advertising networks and social platforms. Do not track options are available in a number of browsers, including Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari, and Opera.
- If you enable do not track in your web browser, we will respect your choice.
- If you have enabled the do not track function, you will not be tracked with Google Analytics.
- If you have disabled all cookies from your browser, we will still collect some general data about your browsing (e.g., a record of a visitor to our website). Additionally, the Site may not function as intended if cookies are disabled.
If you have any questions or need further information about our cookie practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Seeding Labs, Attn: Data Protection Officer, 25 Dorchester Ave. #51914, Boston, MA, 02205 USA.